Friday, March 20, 2015

Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone

Hello loves <3

     So in my last post I talked about how when I have an idea I want to write about in mind, it makes me even more excited to write than if I was just staring at the paper waiting for an idea to pop into my head. Well tonight I had a sudden thought about comfort zones and being able to grow and step out of that safe, little box we each have and knew I had to share it with you!

    Comfort zones are like security blankets, we hold on to them and don't let go. It's hard to just pull away from something you've held onto for so long, especially something as big as a comfort zone that has an impact on a wide range of things: your choices relating to friends, clothing, sports, education, etc.

comfort zones can make you feel supported at times,
but can make you feel restricted at others

     Slowly but surely, I think, we need to work towards stepping out of our "little box". Whether that's toe by toe, or a whole foot out at a time, try and do something a "version" of you in the past wouldn't have done. If you're scared of wearing something to school because you're afraid that people will judge or think that certain style is weird, you owe it to yourself to prove that theory wrong! Take a stand and wear whatever you want and make that outfit yours! Yeah, maybe it's totally different compared to what everyone else is wearing, but you don't want to be exactly like everyone else, right? 

     Ok, what about something a bit different than clothes. Say you're signing up for classes for your next year of school (I've just submitted my class requests). Try something new! Don't stick with the same classes you took in previous years, or else you'll never know what's out there. Don't stick with what everyone else is taking. I'm not saying don't try and coordinate classes with your friend(s) if you both/all really want to learn about that subject. But if you're just taking a class to be with your friends, ask yourself why. Do something different! I've decided to apply for theater next year. My only experience with acting was my 5th grade play of The Jungle Book Kids (lol), but I want to try something new...and who knows what might come of it? I may fall in love with it! But you'll never know if you never try!

     I encourage you to transition out of your comfort zone. Whether that's by changing up what you're studying, engage in different hobbies, whatever, take a risk and see where it takes you!

step outside your comfort zone, and leave all the
panic and worry FAR, FAR AWAY

     "Be an original in a world full of copies," and do something fresh and different.

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture and this post is very true, i really enjoyed reading it!
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was lovely and massively uplifting- I'm awful for staying in my comfort zone but I might just try something new after reading this ^.^ x

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad to hear that! thank you for all your comments <3

      Delete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...